I am busy remaking the original ‘Bramley Apple Quilt’! There is also ‘Raggy Jo’s Apple Harvest Quilt’ or a very simple ‘Wobbly Log Cabin quilt’ with appliqué apples. Bring your own picture or copy ours – basic appliqué techniques, inspiration and embellishing ideas!
· BASIC SEWING KIT, INCLUDING PAPER AND FABRIC SCISSORS, assortment of sewing threads to match fabrics or one medium grey
· Note book pencil and tracing paper
· APPLE QUILT revisited WASHED COTTON FABRICS, approx. 25cms night sky and 50cms for the day sky and 50cms floral/green for the grass or you can join bits of various greens to make the garden
· Approx. 1m tea-dyed calico or antique-looking fabric, could be small pale print of stripe as background and as border to write on. Piece of spare calico approx. 50 cms
· Apple fabric, either 50cms all one colour or selection of apple colours
· Fabric for leaves, spring, summer and autumn colours
· SCRAP BAG - selection of checks, plaids, stripes, boys/girls’ clothes and black/brown for birds/bees. Bring any little bits and pieces you think suitable. Samples or little bits to make mini quilts. Range of fabrics, linen buttons and threads available to purchase
· Red tractor fabric
· Scrap apple basket, 1m of tea dyed background for apples, and red/green scraps for the apples, selection of dark and light scraps for the wobbly log cabin the strips will be cut approx 2.5” by length of block.
- ROTARY CUTTING SET (if you use it)
· BUTTON JAR, embroidery threads
· SEWING MACHINE (in good working order, plus instruction book) if wanting to do bondaweb and blanket stitch
- If doing wobbly log cabin quilt you will need 1m of pale little print background assorted lights and dark scraps for log cabin, can be a mixture of cotton and flannels