Baby Blocks Selection
A collection of nine small blocks inspired by the famous Dear Jane quilts. These are all six inches square, and in a variety of different techniques, some handwork, others machined. These include blanket-stitched appliqué, rolled back curves, origami-style Cathedral Window effect, quick pieced blocks and others. The idea is to learn a wide variety of techniques in making the blocks, rather than the usual English paper piecing or foundation work.
All the blocks will have accompanying worksheets, and will be demonstrated during the day. Students may try whichever of the blocks they wish to and keep the rest to work on later.
• Sewing machine with zig zag or satin stitch option, open toe foot if possible and the manual in case of mishaps! (please ensure it has been recently PAT tested)
• Basic sewing kit including invisible thread and threads of many colours. Variegated threads are useful if you have them.
• Bondaweb or similar
• A variety of colourful fabrics including plenty of scraps from clothes or previous projects.
• Some larger pieces for appropriate background; sea, sky, land etc
• A piece of lightweight fabric for backing ( a piece from the back of a shirt will do)
• Felt - not the expensive sort, A3 size, plus a smaller spare piece.
• This will be available to buy at the workshop if required.
• Iron and mini board
• cutting mat
• rotary cutter