Cozy Winter Quilts
This is a fun class but will also have serious learning of appliqué and quilting. Either 1 or 2 days to make a cosy quilt ideal for a child or lap / sofa quilt, using recycled fabrics, like old cord or denim jeans, wool felted jumper, flannels plaids and checks, it could include simple bold appliqué like hearts and stars, or the odd angel, snowmen, foxes, holly leaves possibly a simple stem appliqué border, then quilted with big bold stitches or machine quilted so that it is finished before too! long……………………
- Scrap bag or wide selection of washed cotton/ textured fabrics according to students’ taste.... to add up to 2.5 – 3.5m depending on size of quilt required, or approximately 12 fat Q’s, plaids, checks, etc, work very well. This is an ideal way to use up small pieces that can be made into 4 or 9 patch blocks and join with bigger squares. If the fabric is not big enough we can add a border around the edge.
- Button jar, decorative threads, such as cotton perlé, stranded embroidery thread, ribbon
- Basic sewing kit, to include large needle for cotton perlé sewing threads, etc
- Fabric and paper scissors, rotary cutting equipment, if available
- Template material (plastic or card), bondaweb, cushion pad (if available)
- Sewing machine in good working order with instruction book
- Piece of fabric large enough for the back approx 50” sq. and wadding or you can use fleece which is cozy and cuts out the need for wadding, it is good to machine or hand quilt.