Come along for two whole days to relax and de-stress. Snow permitting!!! Either make something simple, or finish that Christmas project that’s been in the pending pile for however..... long!
- A project that you wish to finish/continue (bring along any drawings part finished work and fabric)
- Fabrics for making a small throw or tablecloth, possibly including angels or holly around the edge, using bondaweb for appliqué. Perhaps make a large floor cushion, or tablecloth with matching napkins with appliqué, or perhaps a last minute stocking or hot water bottle cover!
- Tracing paper/2 rolled sheets of graph paper/some plain paper
- Basic sewing kit, to include paper and fabric scissors
- Card or template plastic/1 piece of fine sandpaper or drawing board
- Pin/Cork/polystyrene board is very helpful for pinning out blocks and transporting
- Pens/pencils/coloured pencils/ruler
- Selection of pre-washed Christmassy-type or warm and cosy winter fabrics, colours to suit student, ie checks, plaids, decorative threads, beads/buttons. If wishing to make a throw or table cloth you might want enough matching fabric for the border (approx 2m) and you could use fleece for the backing which is quick and easy to quilt and you don’t have to use wadding!
- Sewing machine (optional) in good working order, plus instructions. Blocks can be hand or machine pieced