Fur and Feather
As well as embroidery 3D birds I like to use my technique to make portraits of cats and dogs, or any other small animal.
If you have a very special pet and would like to make an heirloom work of art then it would be great to help you recapture all those special traits in thread. A good size to start will be mounted onto a 15cm square .
You will need
- Clear photograph or printout of your chosen pet. Image to fit onto 15cm square.
- Basic sewing kit
- Stranded cotton embroidery threads in appropriate colours
- 4 & 6 inch embroidery hoops
- Sharp small scissors
- Cotton wadding
- Background fabric to put you finished embroidery on before mounting
- I have plenty of everything so please don’t worry if you don’t have it all.