People say Brenda Thomas makes “happy quilts”. Come and learn how to make an A3 size “happy” pictorial wall hanging in Brenda’s individual “naive” style. Choose from one of her own designs, mix and match using her patterns and templates or bring your own photograph for inspiration.
On this two day workshop Brenda will share her methods. You don’t need to be able to draw and free motion quilting is optional, so it is suitable for those with basic sewing skills as well as the more experienced.
Brenda’s pictorial quilts are known for their detail, so depending on how much detail you choose you may not finish yours in the two days. However you will be well on the way and have all the information you need to complete your quilt at home.
- Sewing machine with zig zag or satin stitch option, open toe foot if possible and the manual in case of mishaps! (please ensure it has been recently PAT tested)
- Basic sewing kit including invisible thread and threads of many colours. Variegated threads are useful if you have them.
- Bondaweb or similar
- A variety of colourful fabrics including plenty of scraps from clothes or previous projects.
- Some larger pieces for appropriate background; sea, sky, land etc
- A piece of lightweight fabric for backing ( a piece from the back of a shirt will do)
- Felt - not the expensive sort, A3 size, plus a smaller spare piece.
- This will be available to buy at the workshop if required.
- Iron and mini board
- cutting mat
- rotary cutter