Register your interest and sign up for the waiting list
Introduction to Hand Quilting
I love hand quilting and in a perfect world it would be lovely to do nothing else! Since I started quilting, the types of thread, wadding and even the way to stitch have developed massively. During the day I will explain how to make templates/designs/textures, marking the fabric and talk about different waddings and threads. We will also discuss how to tackle a large project; making up a whole cloth design takes many hours and research. I will also demonstrate how I actually stitch, etc.
• Fat Quarter of plain coloured, cotton fabric or calico, this is to draw a design on for a cushion, 1/2 metre of calico, 1/2 metre of polywadding or cotton wadding
• 9x 6” finished squares sewn together to make a ninepatch block a mixture of different patterns like stripe, spot big flowers or any prepared patchwork block, you can experiment with different quilting stitches and make into a cushion.
• 14”, 18” or 20” quilting hoop.
• Basic sewing kit, to include scissors and any available quilting threads, such as Gutermann, Perlé, or YLI, rotary cutting equipment if available.
• Marking pencils, if you have available, but I will discuss on the day
• Cereal box or plastic template material