Mans' Best Friends?
For those who love their four legged friends a fun day creating a small quilt, wallhanging or cushion, either use my drawing or bring a simple photo of your dog or cat and I will help you transform it into fabric, possibly telling a little story, the animal can be realistic or cartoon like but simple and use stitches and fabric to bring it to life, even start planning a larger quilt, to speed up the process the appliqué can be bonded or raw edge or needle turn if you prefer
- Basic sewing kit to include: paper and fabric scissors, pins, sewing threads to match
- Sewing machine in good working order with instruction book, open toe foot is good if doing machine blanket stitch.
- Tracing paper, template card, fine black felt pen, Pritt stick or glue
- Pencils and note book
- Fabrics Approx. 6 Fat q’s with delicate pattern for the background and 4 or 6 happy like spot, simple flower, checks, plaids, etc (scrap bag will do) that will show up on the background, I have not used life like fabrics, it is up to the individual student.
- Scrap bag for the odd small quilt or appliqué flower
- Embroidery threads and button jar for dog eyes if available
- Bondaweb, steam a seam for appliqué