Windermere Medallion Quilt
Sue has devised this lovely medallion quilt using a printed panel and lots of different fabrics that can give it a cohesive effect. You could use a lovely Toile print in the centre and for the border. The whole quilt has an old feel, finished with either hand or machine quilting.
- 12 ½ inches printed panel. I used a 10 inch and put a border round it to make it up to 12 ½
- 2 metres of a focus fabric for surrounding the centre panel, 3rd border and last sawtooth borderand for in the quilt blocks
- 2 1/2 metres light fabric to surround centre, and in centre of square in square blocks, the triple square units and 1/2 half square triangles and last sawtooth border.
- 5 various 1/2 metres for around the square in square blocks and in the triple square border and 1/2 square triangles.
- You can also use a lovely Toile on the centre rather than a panel and use this in the 3rd border and last sawtooth border.