County Claire is a quilt I made and named after a lovely lady I know called Claire and it is also a reference to my Grandmother who was born in County Clare in Ireland. It is hand pieced and the alternate Shamrock block is hand appliquéd. I have quilted it in green, of course, Perle 8 DMC thread and tied it where the blocks meet. It is a single bed size quilt but could be made larger.
- 1.25cm of background fabric for shamrock
- Assorted fabrics (up to 3m in total approximately),
- Fat 16ths, fat quarters or smaller scraps
- You will need reds, blues, pinks, a little yellow and black and grey
- For the shamrock blocks, you will need small amounts of
- Greens, fat quarters or fat 16ths.
- 80cm of fabric for border, cut @ 3 ½” wide x 7
- 50cm blue stripe binding
- Backing and batting to fit
- Acrylic templates will be available for purchase
- Quilted and tied in Green Perle 8 thread