Register your interest and sign up for the waiting list
I am delighted to welcome Janet back to Cornwall for more of her wonderful workshops. Janet Bolton is well-known on both sides of the Atlantic for her just wonderfully simple but meaningful textile pictures, quilts and books. Janet teaches and exhibits worldwide, including Japan, America, and Canada. She has written several books about her work and many other books include chapters about her .She has taught at the Royal College, the V&A and at other Art Schools. Janet has also taught in both junior and secondary schools. She appeared in several television programmes and many magazines include articles about her work.
Students will make a good start on a small picture over the day/days and will discover hidden talents expertly inspired by Janet. www.janetbolton.com
- General sewing equipment - including pins, needles, scissors, etc
- Approx. 1/2m of curtain lining/linen/calico or similar (doesn’t need to be new) for background
- Coloured sewing threads (sewing machine reels) cotton or polyester
- Cottons/silks/poly cottons/fine wools - as wide a variety as possible of small bits and pieces, the important factor being that they should not be too thick, ie thin enough to be turned under without too much bulk - old and/or new
- Any buttons, beads, broken necklaces, etc
- Pencil & paper, plus possibly a picture for inspiration
- One piece of white or cream mounting board or any such thick card approx. 35cm x 35cm - on which to locate the work in progress from the bits and pieces by which you will be surrounded!