New Country Cushions
Cushions are so cosy, whether large or small they make a lovely addition to the house or to be given as a present. We have made them from tweed and denim with hearts, dogs and cats... The possibilities are endless so come and learn the technique and off you go!!!
- Scrap bag or wide selection of washed cotton fabrics according to students’ taste.... plaids, checks, etc, work very well. This is an ideal way to use up small pieces, but one piece of fabric needs to be big enough for back of cushion. Simple appliqué ideas /designs will be demonstrated, but you could bring 2 blocks constructed of 5x5 or 4x4 4 1/2” squares joined already made to speed up the process, (not essential)
- Button jar, decorative threads, such as cotton perlé, stranded embroidery thread, ribbon
- Basic sewing kit, to include large needle for cotton perlé sewing threads, etc
- Fabric and paper scissors, rotary cutting equipment, if available
- .50cms of 2oz wadding, calico or lining fabric (for piecrust cushion)
- Template material (plastic or card), bondaweb, cushion pad (if available)
- Sewing machine in good working order with instruction book ¼” and walking foot if available. Make sure your electrical equipment (sewing machine) has been recently PAT tested.
- Feather Cushion pads 12” – 36” all available in the shop